The Seahorse Class are for children ages around the age of 3 and they can stay here until age 5 (Grade00). In this class that children work independently and in small groups. The directress (teacher) Jehan directs the activities of each child through observation and preparing activities to serve the sensitive periods of each child. Rachel is the class assitant in this class and principal Debbie sometimes do lesson and music with the children.
FACILITIES and ACTIVITIES
We have a wide range of Montessori didactic materials, toys, educational toys, books, puzzles etc.
We have a 3-hour uninterrupted work period every day that includes:
- Individual activities – to develop concentration, independence and order.
- Small-group activities – to develop respect and cooperation with others.
- Outside exploration - investigating insects and other critters, looking after plants, weeding and watering.
- Music time – we sing, dance, play instruments and learn to appreciate music.
- Structures Creative activities – Painting, drawing and lots more to encourage individual expression.
- Story time – for developing listening skills and vocabulary.
- Outside play – development of gross motor skills.
- Baking – for fun and development of a full range of different skills. (once a week)
- Kindermusik - extramural activity paid for by the school.