The Seahorse Class are for children around the age of 3 and they stay here until age 5 (Grade 00). In this class the children work independently and in small groups. The directress (teacher) Jehan, directs the activities of each child through observation and preparing activities to serve the sensitive periods of each child. Rachel is the class assistant and Principal Debbie will do lessons and music with the children from time to time.
FACILITIES and ACTIVITIES
We have a wide range of Montessori didactic materials, toys, educational toys, books, puzzles etc.
We have a 3-hour uninterrupted work period every day that includes:
- Individual activities – to develop concentration, independence and order.
- Small-group activities – to develop respect and co-operation with others.
- Outside exploration - investigating insects and other critters, looking after plants, weeding and watering.
- Music time – we sing, dance, play instruments and learn to appreciate music.
- Structured Creative activities – Painting, drawing and lots more to encourage individual expression.
- Story time – for developing listening skills and vocabulary.
- Outside play – development of gross motor skills.
- Baking – for fun and development of a full range of different skills. (once a week)
- Kindermusik - extramural activity paid for by the school.